- have liver problems
- plan to have surgery
- have chickenpox or measles or have recently been near anyone with chickenpox or measles
- have an infection
- have high blood sugar levels (prediabetes or diabetes)
- have glaucoma or cataracts
- have a family history of diabetes or glaucoma
- have or have had tuberculosis
- have high blood pressure (hypertension)
HOW SHOULD I TAKE TARPEYO?
It is important to take TARPEYO exactly as your healthcare provider tells you. Your healthcare provider will decide how long you should take TARPEYO. Do not stop taking TARPEYO without first talking with your healthcare provider.
4 capsules of TARPEYO should be taken once a day and swallowed whole
Take TARPEYO in the morning, at least 1 hour before your morning meal
Don’t crush, chew, or open TARPEYO. Don’t eat grapefruit, or drink grapefruit juice, while on TARPEYO treatment
The recommended course of therapy based on the clinical study is 9 months at 16 mg (4 capsules per day). When your doctor decides that you no longer need to take TARPEYO, you should take 8 mg (2 capsules) per day for 2 weeks.
WHEN DID PATIENTS START TO SEE RESULTS IN THE STUDY?
The TARPEYO study results are based on 9 months of treatment
- Protein levels began to decrease after 3 months
- Protein levels decreased by 34% at month 9
- Protein levels continued to decrease to 53% for 3 months after treatment (months 9-12)
Data presented prior to or beyond the first 9 months should be interpreted with caution.
*Patients did not receive treatment during the 3-month follow-up phase.
ASK YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER ABOUT TARPEYO
Here are some questions you may want to ask your doctor to determine if TARPEYO is right for you.
ADVOCATE FOR YOURSELF
- Can we discuss a disease-specific treatment option like TARPEYO?
- Based on my recent lab results, could TARPEYO be an option for me?
- What makes TARPEYO diﬀerent from other treatments that you may prescribe to treat IgAN?
DISCUSS BENEFITS AND RISKS
- What are the potential benefits and risks of taking TARPEYO to treat my IgAN?
- What results might I expect once Iʼm on TARPEYO?
- How do I take TARPEYO?
- Do I take TARPEYO along with another medication?
- How long will I need to take TARPEYO?
- When can I expect to see results?
- How often should I schedule my follow-up appointments?
- What should I do if I experience any side eﬀects while taking TARPEYO?